Every since I started meal planning, I have been coming up with really easy, budget friendly recipes like these creamy chicken enchiladas. I have only been cooking one big meal a day, the 5 O’Clock meal, these days, the only meal that we are all together for. And remember, it’s proven that having a meal at the table with your family makes for better relationships with your kids!
These enchiladas are definitely some of the better ones I’ve made and are perfect for parents who still have to cook something up for supper after working hard all day! What makes this so easy is that I used Swanson Premium Chicken. This is actually one of my favorite things to use whether it be for enchiladas or in my salads. It’s budget friendly, quick, 98% fat free, and backed by the American Heart Association, which makes up for some of the other ingredients I’m using in this recipe! HAHA!!
Serve these up with some rice & beans and you’ll likely be crawling to the sofa! We opted to just eat the enchiladas without he sides and found it plenty filling! My husband’s only request was my homemade hot sauce!!
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 8oz sour cream
- half a can of RO*TEL
- 2 cans Swanson Premium White Chicken Breast Chunks
- Flour and/or Corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix soup and sour cream and set aside.
- In a pan, add the canned chicken, RO*TEL, and a couple of generous tablespoons of the sauce mixture. You just want it to all be mixed well and warmed together.
- Spread ½ cup of the soup mixture into a 8x11 pan.
- Break pieces of tortillas and layer across casserole dish. We used both corn and flour to suit everyone's taste.
- Spread chicken mixture on tortillas, add cheese, and repeat.
- Spread remaining sauce mixture on top, and cover with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes -- or until cheese is bubbly and browning.