When thinking about Halloween, we usually think of scary ghosts, goblins, and creepy witch ladies but not everything has to be frightening. These witches’ hats won’t scare the kids and they’re really very easy to make.
I remember the Halloween my grandmother was a witch. I wish I could find that picture ’cause she was a pretty good one. She had the attire, face painted up and even a nose. They always had Halloween parties where my mom worked back in the day and it was always fun to see what costume ideas everyone would come up with. We’d always spend the evening at the courthouse square playing games and watching the costume contest. I don’t know why I remember but one year, the winner was a big wad of chewing gum!
If you’re attending or hosting a party, these halloween treats will be fun to serve up. If you’re looking for something a little more creepier, stay tuned!
- 1 package of 12 ct. Joy sugar cones
- 12 fudge striped cookies
- ½ C. of white frosting
- Wilton orange food coloring
- Add several drop of orange food coloring to your white frosting and mix well. Repeat. You will probably have to do this sever times to get to the orange color you want.
- Take one sugar cone at a time and spread orange frosting all the way around the rim. It doesn't have to be perfect and the kids can help with this.
- Next, turn a fudge stripe cookie upside down and place the sugar cone on top to look like a witche's hat. Set the hats on a plate or baking sheet and place them in the fridge for 10-15 minutes when you are done so they set. The frosting will be the glue.