Aside from workouts and jumping on the trampoline, me and Toby have been incorporating healthier choices into our diet. While he’s a lot more disciplined than myself, I figure every little bit helps so I do what I can. Yogurt is one of those healthier choices. I think healthy, filling snacks can be one of the hardest things to keep in the kitchen. Me and Toby have had a hard time figuring out what to snack on. We can find healthy things but they don’t fill us up and that’s what you need to make it through the day, to carry you until your next meal or snack.
Dannon Oikos Yogurt is THE perfect snack (or breakfast). It’s full of protein, which we all know makes you feel full longer and that’s important. It will help keep you from wanting to snack on unhealthy foods. They have two delicious blueberry and strawberry flavors and can be used in recipes, for you creative folks who love to whip up new recipe creations.
Here are some tips from Keri Glassman, a nationally recognized nutrition expert.
- Every Meal Is A “Monday Morning”. Focus on eating better, one meal at a time. Otherwise it can be easy to get discouraged – forget the worry! Your only mission: Make the next meal you eat nutritious, balanced and satisfying.
- Don’t Eat Around A Craving. Honor your craving with a conscious indulgence – take a few deep breaths and find a healthy alternative! Try satisfying your sweet tooth with Dannon Oikos® Greek nonfat yogurt, it is nutritious but still has an incredible taste.
- No-Excuses Exercise. Sometimes the biggest barrier to working out is just getting there so a good option can be to make it as easy as possible—throw in a workout DVD or even going for a walk takes away excuses and gets you moving!
- Keep healthy foods at an easy-to-grab level so you’re more inclined to use them.
- Involve friends and family in your healthy eating journey to stay motivated and accountable.
- Keep a journal to track your progress, and celebrate your successes with a healthy reward.
And I’m dying to try the Banango Breakfast Popsicles!! Helllloooo, healthy Popsicles for breakfast?!!! You know you wanna try them!
- 1 cup frozen mango, no added syrup or sugar
- 1 cup Oikos® Greek Yogurt, Vanilla flavor
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup Orange Puree (see Make-Ahead Recipe #)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar (<–I’m thinking we could use a sugar substitute but I’m not 100%. I may have to try!)
- popsicle molds
- Put all ingredients in a blender and puree on high (add a little more yogurt if needed to make a smooth puree).
- Pour into popsicle molds, insert stick, and freeze for at least 30 minutes.