This recipe was submitted by Sherri for May’s Food Challenge. If you have a recipe with eggs in it, you can enter too! Check it out ’cause there’s a great prize! Thanks Sherri for entering!
- 12 frozen biscuits
- 12 oz country ham, thinly sliced
- 3 lg Egglands Best Eggs
- 1/2 med habanero pepper, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/4 c Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp chives, dry
- 1 lg onion, sliced
- 6 Tbsp butter, unsalted (3 Tbsp for onions)
- 3 pinch salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place biscuits on lightly greased cookie sheet. Have sides touching each other. Cook for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. One minute before cooking is complete melt 1 tbsp butter, add Italian season and half of the chives. Brush the tops of biscuits with the butter mixture; continue to cook the biscuits for one more minute. Remove biscuits from oven and place on a cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, in a heated large skillet, add ham slices and enough water to cover ham slices. Cook at medium heat until liquid has reduced in half. This should take about 4-5 minutes. Flip ham slices half way through. After liquid had reduced, remove ham and set or warming plate.
- Add chopped habanero pepper, mustard and honey to the pan sauce. Simmer on low heat for about 2 minutes. Set aside
- Grill sliced onions in 3 tbsp butter. Remove and set aside
- Whisk eggs, remaining chives, pepper and salt. In a medium size frying pan, add 2 tbsp of butter. Let melt, and then add eggs. Cook eggs about 1 minute and flip and cook for an additional minute. Remove and cut into 12 equal pieces
- Slice biscuits in half. Layer equal parts of egg, honey mustard mixture, ham, grilled onions and tops of biscuits.
Serve with fresh fruit and veggies.