When I told my personal trainer Sarah that I rank #3 on the first page of Google for ‘homemade pancakes‘, she was slightly hesitant to give me a healthy pancake version. She did give it to me though and I’m very excited about it. I never even thought these ingredients would make a pancake, much less a good tasting one! I will always favor my pancake version, however, I do think these will be a nice change in our eating lifestyle. After all, I am trying to eat healthier!
Recipe: Homemade and Healthy Pancakes
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup cottage cheese (I used lowfat)
- 6 egg whites (I used Eggland’s Best)
- 1/2 cup Splenda (I used Great Value)
- Vanilla to taste (I used about 1/2 teaspoon)
- Blend ALL ingredients in blender. Cook on hot griddle, making sure they are cooked all the way through.
Serve with sugar-free jelly! (made 6 good sized pancakes) You don’t want a mushy middle so make sure you don’t cook on too high of heat, cooking slowly, making sure entire pancake is done.
Recipe by Sarah, my personal fitness trainer, who has also been trained in nutrition.