Hmmmm, I’m not sure how maple and bacon cookies are going to taste but they sure look good! If you make these, please let me know. I would love hear how they turn out for y’all.
Things have been crazy around here but hope to have things back to normal soon! Thanks for bearing with me guys.
- * 1 c. butter or margarine, softened
- * 3/4 c. brown sugar, packed
- * 3/4 c. sugar
- * 2 eggs
- * 1 t. maple extract or 1 T + 1 t. maple syrup
- * 2 1/2 c. flour
- * 1 t. baking soda
- * 1/4 t. salt
- * 1/2 – 1 lb. bacon, cooked, crumbled and well drained
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter or margarine, brown sugar and sugar until fluffy. Stir in eggs and maple extract or syrup. Beat for 1 more minute.
2. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine and add in batches to mixing bowl. Beat just long enough to incorporate.
3. By hand, stir in the bacon pieces. Drop by tablespoons onto cookie sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown.
About the Author:
Kate is a stay-at-homeschooling mom to 4 (10, 4, 3, 2) and wife to a wonderfully crazy man. She banished the daily dinner witching hour when she learned to use Stolen Moments throughout the day to have dinner prepared before lunch time every day. Kate cooks from scratch, bulk cooks and sticks to a strict monthly grocery budget. You can read more about Kate and her methods and recipes on Cooking During Stolen Moments.