You may also know this shamrock pie as a grasshopper pie but I like shamrock better. The thought of a ‘grasshopper’ pie just doesn’t sound to appealing you know? Anyways, some folks use pudding but I chose ice cream! It’s the easiest recipe ever and looks pretty, leaving your mouth minty fresh! Nothing like St. Patrick’s Day to make anyone feel a wee bit Irish eh? Shall we get on with it?
- 1 Oreo Ready-Made Crust (or any chocolate crust)
- 1 Tub Cool Whip
- ½ Carton Mint Chip Ice Cream, softened at room temp for about 10 minutes (I used Blue Bell)
- Hershey’s Syrup
- Optional: 5-10 Drops Green Food Coloring, Reddi-wip for Garnishing
- Mix together the softened ice cream and the entire tub of Cool Whip.
- Mix until ice cream and Cool Whip are well combined.
- If using food coloring, this is where you would add it. Add as many drops as needed for desired colored. I chose not to use food coloring since I was feeding to a big group of ladies.
- Pour ice cream mixture into crust and smooth out evenly.
- Drizzle with Hershey's syrup. I also garnished with Reddi-wip.
- Place in freezer for 3 to 4 hours until ready to serve.
If you’re looking for something for the wee ones, check out these Pot of Gold treats!