Who has football fever y’all?! Many thanks to Sam’s Club for sponsoring today’s story and getting me ready for tailgating! WOOHOO! This is a bittersweet season for me to be honest with ya. Both of my oldest boys have graduated high school so I no longer have them to watch on Friday nights. I’m excited for football season but sad I won’t be seeing either of them play out on that field anymore. I still have Truett to look forward to later on but for now, I’m just gonna have to focus on college and the pros.
I’m getting my Sam’s Club Tailgating on and loading the basket with all the essentials needed to tailgate at the game and at home! When you’re feeding these big guys on Thursday, Sunday, and Monday during football games, you gotta shop at Sam’s Club for just about everything, even your tailgating essentials! If you don’t have a membership, get one. It’s worthy every cent, especially on the weekends when you can eat samples! HA!!
As all of America knows, football is HUGE in Texas and if you’re living in my neck of the woods, then you’re rootin’ for the ol’ Texas Longhorns.
You really don’t need much to tailgate in Texas but here are a few must-haves!
- Portable Grill – Throw on the burgers, sausage, and buffalo wings and chow down on some good ol’ grub! Don’t forget the Kingsford Charcoal!
- Paper Plates – Well this is a big ol’ duh!
- Canopy – Tailgating is an all day thing so protecting yourself from the sun is always a good idea!
- Ranch dressing and KC Masterpiece Barbecue Sauce – OH YEAH!!! We put these on everything ’round here!
Everyone else is gonna bring the meat and coolers of drinks so you just make sure and have these, and you’ll surely when player of the party.
Sometimes we just prefer to ‘tailgate’ in the comfort of our homes so don’t worry now, I’ve got you covered too! Here are more Sam’s Club Tailgating must-haves if you’re staying at home:
- Slow Cooker – Because we want to watch the game, not be cooking all day.
- Velveeta – Really y’all? A football game without Velveeta Cheese dip is like playing football without a football.
- Cooler – Fill that thing up and sit it by your sofa!
- TV and Surround Sound – If you’re a die hard football fan, you just gotta have the goods to watch it on.
So I’m curious, what are your Sam’s Club tailgating essentials? And do you prefer at home or do you tailgate like a pro?