With Father’s Day around the corner, I’m willing to bet that many of us will be grilling steak for that special Dad in our lives. While I’m not much of griller myself, I’m more than happy to prepare steak to be cooked. Today, I’m bringing you a steak marinade, guaranteed to make your steak tender and flavorful!
This particular marinade can be tweaked to your taste. You can be as tame or as adventurous as you want! We normally just use the coke, pepper, and season salt as a go-to base. For this one, we wanted to try the new A1 Bold Dry Rub. I had received a swag bag with this in it and who doesn’t love some A1! Since it’s a sweeter dry rub, we decided that it needed a counter so that the steak isn’t all sweet. We decided on Worcester sauce. And I know, I know. A1 is a dry rub but we used it in a marinade. Like I said, be adventurous!!! We have also added in liquid smoke before and that really gives a nice smoke flavor! Or, you could also add Italian dressing to the coke! There are endless possibilities.
- 1 12 oz can of coke
- 2 tablespoons A1 Dry Rub Spice
- 1-2 teaspoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Pour all ingredients in bowl or zip-loc baggie.
- Add your steak and seal or cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Pull out steak and grill. The secret is to keep basting the steak in the marinade as you grill it, whether that be outside or on the stove!