So a good while back, I attended an event with Cricut. It was pretty darn amazing and holy cow, you should have seen the things they created with the Cricut Explore. Seriously awesome stuff y’all! Well, you also know I’ve had a crazy year but things are finally getting back to “normal’ and I just started working with my Cricut more. I am a total noob so my projects will be elementary compared to the diy & craft bloggers but hey, I gotta start somewhere and who knows, I may get really good at it!
Today, I’m bringing you a cupcake wrapper, designed for the Christmas holiday! Most of us will be attending or even hosting a Christmas gathering of sorts so why not make your simple cupcakes a little more festive! Since I’m learning as I go, my instructions might be a little vague but once I pick it up, I’ll be more detailed. Feel free to ask questions and I’ll do my best to answer them.
Cricut Snowflake Cupcake Wrapper Tutorial
- Cricut Cutting Machine
- Seasonal Soiree Cupcake Wrappers File
- 12 x 12 cardstock (I used a beautiful silver from the DCWV cardstock stack)
- Head over to the Cricut Design Center and grab the Seasonal Soiree Cupcake Wrapper file for just $0.99.
- Click customize now and head over to the Design Center.
- When you open up the Cricut Design Center you will notice 3 red wrappers and 3 silver wrappers, and for this tutorial we are only doing the Silver Snowflake wrappers. Remove all the excess wrappers that aren’t needed so we can only cut what is needed. I deleted all but one cupcake holder as I only wanted to do one at this time.
- You don’t need to adjust the size or anything as it’s ready to be cut and put together.
- Head over to the Cricut button on the screen and it will walk you through your cut settings. Be sure you turn your dial to cardstock on your Cricut machine.
- Apply your cardstock to your Cricut cutting mat and load into the machine. Once your paper is loaded you can press the Cricut button on your machine and let the cutting begin.
- It’s amazing how the Cricut can cut such intricate designs without any error. Once the cut is complete just remove your piece from the mat and insert the tab into the slot and place a delicious cupcake and your project is complete.