This happens to be a favorite among the kiddos and the cowboys. It’s SOOOOOO easy to make and it feeds a lot! I would cook this for the cowboys back in the old days..lol. That’s another story for another day:)
- Doritos chips (1 bag is plenty)
- 2 lb. hamburger meat (WE EAT BEEF!)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can diced green chilies (I prefer Bueno in the freezer section)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 c. grated cheese
- Onion (optional)
Brown meat; drain. Add onion, chilies, cream of mushroom and chicken soups, salt, pepper, and garlic. In a 9×13 pan, put chips on the bottom of pan. Add meat mixture; top with cheese. Cook in oven at 350′ till cheese is melted. OR, you can throw it all together chips and all and then pour in pan. That’s how I do it.
I would serve this with rice, beans, and salad. Of course, sour cream is a must!!