It’s been over 7 years since I’ve had a new eye exam and glasses. As someone who has never had insurance, I completely understand how hard it can be to save enough money for the examinations, glasses, and lenses. Sadly, there are others who are in even more unfortunately circumstances and not being able to see, can truly be miserable. Your eyes strain, things are blurry, constant headaches, and the list goes on. I want to share how you can #HelpTheWorldToSee. Maybe you know someone who is need of glasses……
When I first saw this email about One Sight, it immediately made me think of when some women from our church were heading to Africa. They were asking everyone for glasses; reading glasses or any kind. They said that many of the kids and women needed them desperately. It’s sad enough to know they can’t get them, and just as sad to know they have to take whatever they can get, regardless of what their eyes really need. It was this memory that made me think, YES, I want to participate in that program!!!
ABOUT ONE SIGHT
From their website, here is an overview of who One Sight is, and what they do:
- OneSight is an independent nonprofit committed to eradicating the global vision care crisis. Their promise is simple: they will not stop until the world can see.
- Their mission is to provide access to eye exams and glasses to underserved communities around the world. This is done this through quality short-term care and long-term sustainable solutions.
- OneSight provides charitable and sustainable solutions to meet both the immediate and long-term vision care needs of underserved communities, both internationally and domestically.
- They believe that through permanent access and sustainable practices, vision care can become readily available to every community, country and continent in our lifetime.
- In 27 years, OneSight has helped 9 million people in 41 countries and 47 states see clearly.
- More than 1,000 trained volunteers and doctors travel the globe to staff OneSight Clinics and teach local residents as part of our commitment to transfer skills and build sustainable infrastructures in underserved communities.
- OneSight and Deloitte have collaborated to bring this problem into focus. They released a study that reveals a startling finding: 1.1 billion people around the world need glasses but don’t yet have access to vision care. That’s 1 in 7 of us!
HOW YOU CAN HELP
— I think, many times, people think that donating $1 won’t make a difference, but I can’t stress it enough y’all, it DOES! You can donate by simply visiting the One Sight website and make a contribution of any amount. The cool thing I love, is that you can pick an amount, and make it a monthly donation by checking that option. What a simple, convenient way to give something regularly!
— You can also just share! It can’t get any easier than that y’all. Two seconds of your time to share on FB, Twitter, Instagram, with your friends at local gatherings, Church, wherever! If you do share online, though, use the #HelpTheWorldToSee hashtag and share your hand glasses! Truett had hard time twisting his hands around, and giggled for a bit trying to do it, but the point is to get the program shared more, in a fun way. I hope you participate!
I know it’s that time of year where we all get hit up by charities and such, but please consider choosing one like One Sight, to contribute to. Go without eating out that one day for lunch or having that cup of ridiculously expensive coffee, and GIVE. 1.1 billion need glasses. need access. #HelpTheWorldToSee
You can find One Sight at the following places. I encourage you to check them out for yourself and see what they’ve done, what they’re doing. Hopefully you’ll see that donating a $1 is worth it. It is to us!
- Hashtag: #HelpTheWorldSee
- Twitter: @OneSightOrg
- Facebook: @OneSight
- Instagram: @OneSight
- Website: onesight.org
- Donation Link: onesight.org/donate
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/OneSight. Please know, that I made a donation, as I do feel strongly about how great this program is. Hope you do too!