We are still having a blast with our homemade bubble solution but today I wanted to bring you balloon bounce, a fun indoor game. Usually from about 12pm-6pm, it stays smoldering hot here in Texas so when you’re not able to cool down in the pool, you can play this!
The kids will spend quite a bit of time decorating their paper plates so not only will you keep them busy playing the game, you’ll keep them busy preparing for the game. And since the paper plates are the ol’ cheapos, you can create new, fun paper plate themes for each holiday season! Another cool thing about this game is they can play by themselves by trying to keep the balloon off the ground with their paddle. They can also play with two or more players doing the same thing, making it a family game night of fun!
This is a very easy craft so lets get to it!
DIY PADDLE FOR BALLOON BOUNCE GAME
- Cheap, white paper plates ($1.97)
- Two Paint sticks from the paint department at Walmart ($0.28 each)
- Balloons ($0.97)
- Staple Gun
- Crayons/Markers (or even paint)
- If you plan on painting your stick, this is the time to do it and let it dry. If not, you can encourage the kids to color it instead.
- Staple a paper plate on the top and bottom of the pain stick.
- Have your child decorate their plate with colors, markers, or paint.
- Blow up your balloons and start a game of balloon toss!
This craft cost us $3.50. And really, it’s like $.02 cents per paper plate so even less when you think about it. That’s a pretty great thing huh?! And I guarantee tons of fun with this game! Just keep your extras in the closet, along with the paddles and you’ll have something to grab next week that will seem fresh to them.
Disclosure: I am an official Walmart Mom. Walmart has provided me with compensation and gift card in return for my time & efforts to create this post. Opinions are my own, always.