Oh man, this week’s meal solution was delicious! The pasta, creamy basil sauce, and chicken! It was a very fast & easy recipe to make too. Definitely great for working moms to make when they get home.
This week’s meal solution ingredients were:
- Macaroni Grill, Creamy Basil
- Reese’s Artichoke hearts
- Great Value Diced Tomatoes
- Sara Lee Bread
I simply took the recipe below and replaced boneless skinless chicken breast with already cooked, Tyson’s Grilled & Ready Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breast. This saved even more time! Now I simply followed the directions on the back of the Macaroni Grill box but if you’re looking for something a little more creative, try the recipe below!
Just using the box recipe was delicious but by using the above recipe, you’re adding in some hearty vegetables! Enjoy and let me know if you make it!
- 1 Macaroni Grill Creamy Basil Parmesan Chicken Pasta kit --Kit includes: Linguine pasta, cream sauce, basil and cheese seasoning, sun-dried tomatoes, grated Parmesan cheese and Romano cheese blend
- 1 lb. uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- Fill a 3- quart saucepan ⅔ full of water. Heat to boiling; stir in pasta. Gently boil uncovered for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove pasta from heat; let stand up to 5 minutes before draining. Drain pasta before serving. Cover to keep warm. While water is heating and pasta is cooking continue to step 2.
- Cut chicken into think strips (2x ¼ inch). Melt butter in 10 inch skillet over high heat. Add chicken and cook about 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until outsides turn white.
- Stir in milk and seasoning. Heat to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium; Simmer uncovered for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Stir in sun-dried tomatoes, cream sauce, 1 cup of artichoke hearts, and 1 cup of the canned diced tomatoes. Heat about 1 minute or until hot. Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta, toss with chicken mixture (sauce will thicken as it stands). Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Serve with bread.