This recipe was submitted by Malerie C, into March’s Food Challenge. Thanks Malerie for entering!
This sandwich recipe is for one sandwich.
Recipe: PCPP Sandwich
- 2 Slices Italian Sandwich Bread
- 1/2 Tbsp Regular Pesto Spread
- 1/4 Cup Cooked Chicken (Sliced or Shredded)
- 2 Thin Slices Prosciutto
- 2 Slices Provolone Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Evenly spread pesto onto one slice of bread and then place it onto a cookie sheet. Next arrange chicken into one flat layer over the pesto layer and place prosciutto slices over the chicken layer. Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes or until prosciutto begins to look slightly oily.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven and cover the prosciutto with the provolone slices. Place your additional slice of bread onto the pan separately from the “open-faced” sandwich half. Return to oven and bake for another 3-5 minutes or until cheese looks melted and is beginning to bubble. Remove pan from oven and place toasted bread slice onto the meat slice. Enjoy!
All measurements are approximate and should be adjusted to your liking.