I’m declaring July 20- July 24 sandwich week here at My Wooden Spoon and will present you with 3 delicious sandwich recipes created by the VERY talented Chef John Li! Chef John Li is a corporate executive chef for Kraft for over 15 years and I had the honor to meet him at my visit to Oscar Mayer.
This entire recipe makes 4 sandwiches which will feed a crew! Enjoy y’all!
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 TBsp. sugar
- 2 TBsp. Kraft Miracle Whip Salad Dressing
- 2 tsp. Kraft Horseradish Sauce
- 2 tsp. Grey Poupon dijon Mustard
- 4 diced marinated sun-dried tomatoes or homemade roasted tomatoes 4onion rolls or sub buns
- 4 slices of Kraft Deli Fresh Cheddar Cheese
- 1 pkg. Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh French Dip Flavored Roast Beef
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- In small skillet, cook onion with sugar and 1 TBsp, water on medium heat for 10 minutes until onions are brown, soft and caramelized. Set aside.
- Mix Miracle Whip, horseradish sauce, mustard and sun dried tomatoes in small bowl. Spread on sandwich roll bottoms.
- Top each sandwich with roast beef, cheese, arugula and onions.
- Place tops on each bun, place on sheet pan and bake in preheated 350' oven for 15 minutes until warm and toasty or grill in panini grill on medium heat for 2 minutes until browned.