My mom is always introducing us to new flavors and recipes. She’s made this a few time and now this bruschetta chicken is one of our new favorites! It’s easy to make and has lots of flavor! Of course, it’s even better when your mama makes it for you! ;)
Before I get to the recipe, I wanted to share a few more tips for handling raw chicken but you can also check out the Sanderson Farms website for tons of great info and recipes!
- DO NOT WASH!! I know, I know. You’ve always thought you needed to wash it but it is, in fact, the opposite. Washing allows for more of a chance of cross contamination in your sink, wash clothes, other utensils, etc.
- Use disposable cutting boards. I prefer not to chance getting raw chicken all over my countertops so I always use disposable cutting boards and limit the area and tools that are used to work with the raw chicken.
- When storing in fridge, store on bottom shelf just in case your container leaks. It would be awful for it to be on a top shelf and leak down all over everything!! Oh my goodness, can you imagine the contamination?
- Use a sanitizer to spray over areas that you have worked on with the chicken.
Back to the recipe! The great thing about this dish is that you don’t have to serve it over pasta. If you’re looking for a healthier option, you could simply omit the pasta and serve with vegetables of choice. The chicken has so much flavor that it can stand alone. The pasta is a nice addition, though, and a great filler when feeding growing boys!
- ⅓ cup of Sweet Basil & Oregano Bruschetta Chicken Seasoning
- 1//3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 lbs plum tomatoes (sliced into bite size pieces)
- 2 lbs of Sanderson Chicken breast (cut into bite size pieces)
- Preheat oven to 425'.
- Mix olive oil, bruschetta chicken seasoning, and balsamic vinegar together int a large bowl.
- Add chicken and tomatoes to mixture and stir well.
- Pour onto baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Serve over thin spaghetti. (optional)
Disclosure: Compensation was provided for my time & efforts to create this recipe. It’s delicious and a must try!