While cooking for the cowboys today, I had tons of interruptions that wasted so much time, leaving me in a cooking bind. I had to think quick in order to get something served up for these hard working cowboys to eat. Thankfully, I always keep convenience items on hand as I’ve said before so within 10 minutes, I had the main dish prepared and ready to eat.
Tyson Chicken Breast Strips saved my day! I planned on making fajitas but realized that I still wouldn’t have time to do that so while hunting around in my freezer, I found some Deluxe Vegetable Stir-Fry (Great Value brand) and threw that together with the chicken….VIOLA, your meal is served. I did make some flavored dirty rice to serve with it but the entire meal was fast, budget-friendly, and tasted VERY good!
What items do you keep on hand for emergency situations?
- 1 bag (there's two sizes, this is the bigger one) of Tyson Ready-Grilled Fully Cooked Chicken Breast Strips
- 2 16oz bags of Great Value Deluxe Vegetable Stir-fry
- 2 TBSP butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Throw both the chicken and stir-fry into a 3qt pan.
- Add butter and cook until vegetables are soft; about 10 minutes.
- Serve with Rice or Noodles.