Christmas is almost here y’all! You have got to make these adorable Christmas snowman cookies! What fun the kids will have decorating these too….probably as much fun as they’d have decorating the Reindeer Cookie Pops I shared with you the other day, huh?!
If you’re like the majority of my readers, you work full time outside of the home and don’t always have time to bake up fancy goods but y’all, these are super duper easy to decorate! I love to make things from scratch. In fact, it’s how I learned how to cook when we lived on the Fulton Quien Sabe Ranch in Channing, Texas. I was lucky enough to have an amazing woman teach me how to make wonderful recipes, homemade. With that said, things are different than back then and it definitely takes more time to go all out in full scratch mode. Don’t let that stop you though. You can use simple shortcuts to make ‘homemade’ baked goods this holiday season.
One big time saver, is using premade cookie dough. You wouldn’t think it would save that much time but really, it saves the most time. With these snowman cookies, you’ll be using sugar cookie dough, found in the refrigerator section. And if you closely at the cookies, there’s really nothing to them. A little icing, coloring, and a marshmallow. Come on now y’all…that’s easy! How fun would these be for the school or office Christmas party, or maybe you’re attending a friend’s party. Let them think you’re the next Martha with these little cuties! And if you have a little extra time, you can make some cute diy Christmas gift party favors to go with these! Merry Christmas y’all!
- Sugar Cookie dough (refrigerator section)
- white melting chocolate
- black icing coloring
- tiny paint brush
- Orange Cool Aid
- Mini Marshmallows
- First start by cutting your cookie dough into slices and baking at 350 for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool down before creating your snowman.
- Once cool you can melt your white chocolate. Put the chocolate into a bowl and heat and stir every 15 seconds until it is smooth.
- Once it is smooth put about 1 tablespoon on top of each cookie or a little more to cover most of the top and let that harden for a little bit.
- Now you an get your mini marshmallow. Add your marshmallow to the cookie by dabbing a little bit of melted chocolate on the bottom and press firmly onto the cookie.
- Grab your black icing coloring and paint brush. Create your eyes for your snowman and his smile. Then do small dots onto the harden chocolate. You can do it in a line or make them crooked to make them look like they are also melted and let dry a little bit.
- Get your orange cool aid packet and dip your paint brush into a small cup of water and then into your kool aid. Do a small line for his nose.
- Let dry and they are ready to be shared and served!