Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year! With the hustle and bustle of shopping, the details in wrapping gifts can quickly become an oversight. I think most reach for the peel and stick tags and lets face it, those are handy, but what happened to making things special? I just LOVE these Christmas Chalkboard Gift Tags because they can be reused, either by you or the person you are gifting to. Not only that, it also shows that you took a little more time to make their gift special!
I’m all about easy y’all. This is something that your kiddos could help you with! In fact, while they may end up far from “pretty”, adding a tag that your child to did for their nana or pop, sure might make them feel extra special!
Don’t let Christmas be the limit either! You can find some awesome wooden shapes to paint for any occasion or holiday. I hope y’all enjoy the tutorial. If painting isn’t your thing, you could just buy some chalkboard paper and use a Cricut to make gift tags! LOVE!!
DIY CHRISTMAS CHALKBOARD GIFT TAGS
- Black chalk paint
- Blank wooden ornaments
- 3/8″ ribbon or string
- Paint brush
- Take the small skinny string off your blank wooden ornaments
- Paint your ornaments with your black chalk paint
- Let your ornaments dry for one hour
- String your ribbon through the top of your ornament and tie into a knot
- Now you can write on your gift tags and tie into the top of your presents! Then use them year after year!
Simple, personal, and beautiful!