Boy do I love me some chicken & dumplings! And with the cooler temps approaching, it’s a perfect way to warm the soul. Of course if you’re getting off work at 5, it doesn’t give you a lot of time to make them, but I have a fix!
I try to take advantage of specials when grocery shopping and the Marketside Rotisserie chickens have been on rollback at Walmart for $4.98. I believe I read the rollback price is effective until the end of October. Even at $5.98 they’re still a great price but I’ll take a rollback any day! The great thing about these, is they feed ALL of us. And while we do love the chicken by itself, we often use it in recipes, like this one. In 30 minutes, you’ll have ‘homemade’ chicken & dumplings. You’ll simply need to swing by Walmart on your way home and grab one of these pre-cooked rotisserie chickens. The time it takes you to get it home, it will be cool enough to shred.
You need only 3 things for this 30 minute chicken & dumplings…..and by the way, I’m actually a huge fan of many of the marketside products like their pizza and salads.
You’re simply gonna pour the chicken broth with some added water into a pot, add pieces of biscuits, and toss the chicken in. It’s that easy! My husband is quite the helper!
Don’t forget to save the wishbone!! Truett that is was super cool that he was way stronger than dad and got the bigger piece. He never told me what his wish was!
- 1 whole Marketside Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 32oz Carton of Swanson Chicken Broth
- 2 cans biscuits, I actually use 3 cans cause I LOVE the dumplings!
- Get your chicken broth and water boiling. The water just depends on how how many cans of biscuits you decide to use. Keep in mind, they expand.
- Pinch of pieces of biscuits and add to boiling water. While they are cooking, shred your chicken and toss in pot with biscuits.
- Cook until done, about 15 minutes.