And it comes to the end of sandwich week here at My Wooden Spoon but I’m leaving you with a super easy and VERY good sandwich recipe. This was my absolute fave from Chef John Li and I’m sure it will become one of your favorites as well!
One thing I learned from the trip, is that a sandwich doesn’t have to be just sliced white bread with sandwich meat. It can be cold or hot, with buns or tortillas, and can include your favorites ingredients other than lettuce and tomato. Be creative so that the next time you’re serving up sandwiches, you’ll have eyebrows raised and smiles on faces with these not-so typical sandwich recipes!
And don’t forget to give the sandwich recipe I made a try! Roasted Red Peppers and Roast Beef Wrap!
This week’s sandwiches included the French Dip Roast Beef Sandwich with Caramelized Onions and Sweet Spicy Chicken and Bacon Wrap.
- 3 slices Oscar Mayer Center Cut Bacon
- 3 slices Brie cheese
- 2 tsp. Apricot preserves
- 2 slices peasant bread
- 1 -2 tsp. Grey Poupon Harvest Coarse Ground Mustard
- 4 slices Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh Black Forest Ham
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- Cook bacon in skillet or griddle, pour off grease leaving a small amount of grease for grilling sandwich.
- Remove rind from Brie using a vegetable peeler.
- Using a cheese wire, slice cold Brie cheese into about ¼ thick strips.
- Spread apricot preserves on one slice of bread and mustard on the other slice of bread.
- Place ham and bacon on mustard; place Brie on apricot slice of bread and put the two together. Spread softened butter evenly on each side of bread.
- Grill on medium heat about 3 minutes until both sides are browned.